Wednesday 18 January 2012

A month later...

Well, as for most people Christmas season is a time of celebrating and feasting.  There were nights out, alcohol, family get togethers, Christmas eve meals, day meals, boxing day meals, the puddings, mince pies and treats, then the gifts of chocolate and wine...

We had a great time.  We made fond memories and feasted.  January hit and out came the running shoes.  I don't really think about diets until after my birthday in January as i find it really hard to be disciplined.  As being big for so long, January diet was just something I always did. 

Over this Christmas period I put on half a stone (yes i did have a good time) I think its part to do with my metabolism after diet, as well as, the food! I think that it was well timed.  My love for food came back as I enjoyed eating out and I became less worried over what was being put in my body.  After Christmas though I did feel very sluggish and I knew that the food I had eaten was perhaps not the best choice for my body.  It was good to be able to recognise what effect my choices had on my general well being. I looked forward to returning back to 'normal' eating habits.   I am now running when i can and although i weigh half a stone more, i have maintained this weight throughout January, with eating out and having birthday treats. 

I still find it weird accepting that I am no longer big.  I still need some more clothes to fill up my basic wardrobe and inside my head I'm still fat.  I think because the weight loss happened quickly its taking my brain a while to catch up - hence not really been out to buy clothes.  (also i hate sale shopping - i like having things cheaper just not being squashed by other shoppers or not having time to peruse) I am still in the healthy weight range, even with the extra holiday weight, but I still don't yet feel like me.  I think that perhaps my goal weight is perhaps too low for me as the weight comes off my face, rather than where I'd like it to come off (thighs please). 

I shop monthly and have a 2 week food menu that I use.  I'm not very good at just choosing sensibly when I'm hungry so the menu helps me make correct choices and stick to a shopping budget.  The food bible book helped me plan a good balanced diet, to try and fit in all the nutrients required ie 5 a day, carbs, dairy and protein.  Some days I have to be really strict with myself as I know old eating habits can easily return.  I tend not to eat after dinner and pudding.  I eat with the children at 4.30. As I do less activity in the evening and most of the running around during the day, it seems to work out better for me.  At the moment I am just trying to find my eating balance and be comfortable in my own skin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment