Wednesday 7 March 2012

eye on the goal

Well for quite a few weeks i had been maintaining my weight.  Not quite the same weight i was when i lost it all but felt my body had found its right place.  So I decided to stop weighing myself regularly.  This was not a good step.

Gradually bad habits started to creep in, i think not having the discipline of the weigh in made me relax and not watch what i was eating.  I started to feel really lethargic and was constantly hungry again - nothing being able to satisfy my hunger.  I then stepped on the scales and too my horror i had put on 6lbs! I felt like i was sitting in a pool of fat and hated it.

There was no way I was going to have that, so i did the Special K diet for a couple of days.  I find this really hard (due to feeling hungry) but the gain was enough to kick me back into touch.  My body hated it and moaned out in pain but i just wasn't going to give in.  I had different commitments on during the week so it was hard to stick to the diet rigidly but i made sure i had less than 2000 calories a day.  At the end of the week i had lost 3lbs and felt better in control of my eating habits.

Now I have been thinking about what weight is best for me, as my original target I felt i looked a bit too thin in the face, so I was thinking 8st 9/10 would be a better weight.  I looked online at the various diets (I don't want to loose enough to join a slimming club like weight watchers) and I would rather have a few days of pain rather than weeks of misery.  So I thought I'd try the loose 10lbs in 3 days - I don't want to loose that much but thought its a faddy diet and if it does help to shift some pounds worth a try...

My next post will let you know how I got on...

No comments:

Post a Comment